Career Development and Co-operative Education are proud of our partnership and ongoing collaboration with faculty. Together, we work to help students prepare for the labour market, meet employer expectations, and achieve career success.
Hired is available to Durham College students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Users gain access to Hired by using their MyCampus login and password.
Request career development workshops; view employer events; and research career information.
Students and alumni can:
- Search jobs: full-time, part-time, summer, on-campus, contract, work-study and non-profit volunteer opportunities which are posted daily;
- Book coaching appointments; and,
- Register for employer recruitment events.
Career coaching for students
Do you have students who:
- Want to know about potential career options?
- Are unsure about their program choice?
- Want to transfer to a different program?
- Want to pursue further education?
Job fairs and employer events
Job fairs and employer events are essential for students looking to clarify their career goals and employment options. We appreciate the support of faculty who encourage students to attend these recruitment events and information sessions. Boost your program's graduate employment success by sharing career-related information in class or by posting event information on DC Connect. On- and off-campus career events are advertised on the Hired events calendar.
Career Development workshops
Career Development coaches will deliver career development workshops to your classes. The following workshops are available:
- Get Hired - Introduction to Career Development (20 minutes)
- Resumés - The employers' perspective (50 minutes)
- Cover letters − From applicant to potential candidate (50 minutes)
- Networking − Communicate your brand (50 minutes)
- LinkedIn (50 minutes)
- Tough interview questions − How to answer them (50 minutes)
Online career resources for every program
Faculty and students can explore our extensive Career Resources module on Hired where information on the following topics can be found:
- Graduate employment statistics;
- Professional associations;
- Targeted industry job boards;
- Labour market trends;
- Further education opportunities; and
- Much more!
Financial Aid and Awards co-ordinates Work-Study Jobs for on-campus employment for Durham College; job opportunities are advertised on Hired.
For more information, please contact Krina Roy Chowdhury, On-campus Employment Co-ordinator/Financial Aid & Awards Assistant, at Krina.RoyChowdhury@durhamcollege.ca or ext. 2858.
Staff Career Development
Durham College faculty and staff wishing assistance with their own career planning may contact Human Resources.